EventToCommandTrigger and Touch

Jul 19, 2012 at 2:10 PM

Hello Community,

I am not sure if this is a Cinch problem or Interactivity, but I am first trying to describe:

We use the Buttons with attached Commands described in CinchV2 Documentation like this:

<i:Interaction.Triggers>
    <i:EventTrigger EventName="PreviewMouseLeftButtonUp">
        <CinchV2:EventToCommandTrigger Command="{Binding Command_Button, FallbackValue={StaticResource FallbackCommand}}" />
     </i:EventTrigger>
</i:Interaction.Triggers>

When clicking the Button with Mouse, the Button is correctly animated with the DropEffect.

But when we "touch" it, it isn't animated. After removing only the CinchV2:EventToCommandTrigger, the Animation runs perfectly in both (Touch and Mouse) situations.

<i:EventTrigger EventName="PreviewMouseLeftButtonDown">
    <!--<CinchV2:EventToCommandTrigger Command="{Binding Command_Button, FallbackValue={StaticResource FallbackCommand}}" />-->
</i:EventTrigger>

So I had the idea to listen to ButtonBase Click Event. But then its vice versa, the Touch is animated, but not the Mouseclick..

The Idea to add two CinchV2:EventToCommandTrigger, one with the TouchDown and one with MouseButtonDown Event is also not giving our desired result, to have the Button animated in every Event possible.

Any more ideas to try? We are at our #!@?!&$!-Touch end....

Coordinator
Aug 24, 2012 at 9:31 AM

Sorry for taking a while to come back to you on this one, I have been on holidays.

I do not know what would be causing that to be honest. What I would suggest is just use the standard Blend Interactivity stuff, if you think Cinch is playing up.

I also show how to do this with Blend interactivity Dll here : http://sachabarbs.wordpress.com/2009/04/19/wpf-blend-3-interactions-behaviours/