MediatorSingleton.cs exists twice

Dec 1, 2011 at 3:34 PM

While I was updating to the newest version of Cinch, I noticed that there are two files called MediatorSingleton.cs for Cinch v2. One is in the (common) Cinch folder, while the other is in the Cinch.WPF folder. However, the Cinch.WPF solution also uses the "common" file, i.e. the one in Cinch.WPF\Messaging is never used. Comparing the two files, there are small differences. In particular, the "WPF-version" file has WeakAction as an internal inner class (which matches the text of the enclosing region).

Which is the correct file?

Dec 1, 2011 at 4:35 PM
Edited Dec 1, 2011 at 4:37 PM

The one that is the Cinch is the one to use. The one in Cinch.WPF is not included within the project. The one is Cinch.SL and CInch.WPF both link the one in Cinch as linked resource. I basically need to delete the one in Cinch.WPF, so its not even part of uploaded files.

Its not part of the codebase, but exists on my filesystem. I'll delete that tonight.

If you look at the Cinch.WPF project file, you will see this, which should prove what I am saying

<Compile Include="..\CinchV2\Messaging\MediatorSingleton.cs">
      <Link>Messaging\MediatorSingleton.cs</Link>
    </Compile>

Dec 2, 2011 at 9:41 AM
Edited Dec 2, 2011 at 9:41 AM

Yes, I saw that. I just wanted to make sure the Cinch.WPF version wasn't accidentally not used.

Dec 4, 2011 at 10:31 AM

I think you mean "Wasn't accidentally used", but yeah I know what you mean. I have deleted that file today and all should be less ambiguous now.