Cinch on NuGet

Oct 6, 2011 at 4:55 PM

Can you make Cinch a package on NuGet?

Oct 8, 2011 at 1:10 PM

Yes yes, its been on my mind too. I am just dead busy with another opensource project right now, but after that Ill sort cinch to be nuget package (may take a while though as very very busy right now), this other one is a beast of a thing.

Apr 6, 2012 at 10:25 AM

Thanks for adding the library to NuGet.

But I have one complaint: using corflags I saw, that the assembly is build with x86. Can you please check in the library using AnyCPU?
Otherwise there would be a workaround: downloading the code changing to AnyCPU and compiling it by myself.

Thanks. 

Apr 12, 2012 at 8:40 AM

There must be some mistake, I have not added it to NuGet yet

Apr 12, 2012 at 9:22 AM

It seams that someone else has added it to NuGet.

As you can see here: http://www.nuget.org/packages/Cinch the library is there.

Regards.

Apr 13, 2012 at 8:53 AM

Oh yeah, sees some CInch user called Oliver has done this. I have asked them to fix it, and also create 2 cinch V2 Nuget packages 

One for SL

One for WPF

As only have one is confusing as there are 2 different Dlls, depending on whether you are using SL or WPF. Could confuse people

May 13, 2012 at 11:21 PM

The nuget package does not support SL 5? Is there a reason for this? I thought Cinch is compatible with SL5.

Thanks

Nabil

May 13, 2012 at 11:33 PM

Actually doesn't seem to work with SL4 either. I get the below error:

Could not install package 'Cinch 2.0.1'. You are trying to install this package into a project that targets 'Silverlight,Version=v4.0', but the package does not contain any assembly references that are compatible with that framework. For more information, contact the package author.

May 15, 2012 at 9:18 AM
nabils wrote:

Actually doesn't seem to work with SL4 either. I get the below error:

Could not install package 'Cinch 2.0.1'. You are trying to install this package into a project that targets 'Silverlight,Version=v4.0', but the package does not contain any assembly references that are compatible with that framework. For more information, contact the package author.

Like I say that Nuget stuff is nothing to do with me, as such I can't possibly say what the Nuget package author did, its certainly not supported by me, as I did not create the Nuget stuff