Loads great in Blend 4, not in VS 2010

Feb 7, 2011 at 2:53 AM

Hi Sasha,

The Cinch framework is SO nice to follow... very intuitive... (version 55703)

One problem I am having is loading it in VS 2010 Ultimate. The ImageLoaderView will not render at design time in VS 2010, but looks great in Blend 4. The projects compile in VS 2010, but when trying to render the view it produces 9 errors:

"Error    1    Unable to load the metadata for assembly 'Cinch.WPF'. This assembly may have been downloaded from the web.  See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=179545.  The following error was encountered during load: Could not load file or assembly 'Cinch.WPF, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.    C:\Users\Harold\Documents\VisualStudio\cinch\V2\cinch\V2 (VS2010 WPF and SL)\WPF_Demo\CinchV2DemoWPF\Views\ImageLoaderView.xaml    1    1    CinchV2DemoWPF"

"Error    2    The attachable property 'ViewModel' was not found in type 'ViewModelLocator'.    C:\Users\Harold\Documents\VisualStudio\cinch\V2\cinch\V2 (VS2010 WPF and SL)\WPF_Demo\CinchV2DemoWPF\Views\ImageLoaderView.xaml    14    14    CinchV2DemoWPF"

if the first one craps out, errors like 2, are bound to happen I am sure. :)

But none of this happens in Blend.. View renders fine in design time and it runs fine. In VS 2010, won't render, but it does run...

Any Ideas? I would love to make use of some of the addition tools in VS 2010, but Blend is great IDE too...

Thanks

Harold

Coordinator
Feb 7, 2011 at 11:51 AM

No I have never understood this error, all is good in Blend which is what I am worried about. Sorry but have no idea about VS.