Is there a problem with build 51137

Sep 17, 2010 at 12:59 AM

Dowloaded everything.  The Cinch projects won't build because of the following.

Error 1 Source file 'E:\Data\Dev\Training\Patterns\MVVM\CinchV2\cinch\V2 (VS2010 WPF and SL)\CinchV2\obj\Interactivity\Triggers\CompletedAwareCommandTrigger.cs' could not be opened ('Unspecified error ') Cinch
Error 2 Source file 'E:\Data\Dev\Training\Patterns\MVVM\CinchV2\cinch\V2 (VS2010 WPF and SL)\CinchV2\obj\Interactivity\Actions\CommandDrivenGoToStateAction.cs' could not be opened ('Unspecified error ') Cinch
Error 3 Source file 'E:\Data\Dev\Training\Patterns\MVVM\CinchV2\cinch\V2 (VS2010 WPF and SL)\CinchV2\obj\Interactivity\Triggers\EventToCommandTrigger.cs' could not be opened ('Unspecified error ') Cinch
Error 4 Source file 'E:\Data\Dev\Training\Patterns\MVVM\CinchV2\cinch\V2 (VS2010 WPF and SL)\CinchV2\obj\Interactivity\Triggers\CompletedAwareGotoStateCommandTrigger.cs' could not be opened ('Unspecified error ') Cinch
In the Silverlight & WPF projects, they're are links to these files but I'm not sure where they actually should be.

Also, the SL demo throughs the generic

Error: Unhandled Error in Silverlight Application
Code: 2104   
Category: InitializeError      
Message: Could not download the Silverlight application. Check web server settings    

I have the latest Silverlight 4 running on this machine.  The download when you run it initializes the asp.net Development webserver so it shouldn't e a MIME setting.  (They are set anyway.)

Anybody else having these problems with this build?

Coordinator
Sep 17, 2010 at 12:15 PM

Please read the release notes, that explains why you get the errors shown below when building CInch. Basically you need to remove Cinch project from CinchV2 solution, and then build all should be good. I am simply using Cinch project as dumping ground for common source files, but it has to be some sort of overall project, so its a WPF one, so that is why you get the errors, as it does not reference SL interactivity Dlls.

Error 1 Source file 'E:\Data\Dev\Training\Patterns\MVVM\CinchV2\cinch\V2 (VS2010 WPF and SL)\CinchV2\obj\Interactivity\Triggers\CompletedAwareCommandTrigger.cs' could not be opened ('Unspecified error ') Cinch
Error 2 Source file 'E:\Data\Dev\Training\Patterns\MVVM\CinchV2\cinch\V2 (VS2010 WPF and SL)\CinchV2\obj\Interactivity\Actions\CommandDrivenGoToStateAction.cs' could not be opened ('Unspecified error ') Cinch
Error 3 Source file 'E:\Data\Dev\Training\Patterns\MVVM\CinchV2\cinch\V2 (VS2010 WPF and SL)\CinchV2\obj\Interactivity\Triggers\EventToCommandTrigger.cs' could not be opened ('Unspecified error ') Cinch
Error 4 Source file 'E:\Data\Dev\Training\Patterns\MVVM\CinchV2\cinch\V2 (VS2010 WPF and SL)\CinchV2\obj\Interactivity\Triggers\CompletedAwareGotoStateCommandTrigger.cs' could not be opened ('Unspecified error ') Cinch

As for "Could not download the Silverlight application. Check web server settings", no idea about that one.

Sep 17, 2010 at 1:25 PM

Thanks Sacha,

BTW.  Big thanks for coming out with this version that works with Silverlight.

I actually found the Readme.Txt after I posted this so I just removed set that project not to build.  I still have no clue as to why I'm getting the 2104.  So far no break points in app.xaml are hitting and I'm not seeing anything using Fiddler.

Since it's using the Asp.Net web, I wouldn't think it would be anything to do with Mime types.  I'm using the latest revision of Silverlight 4 on this machine, Visual Studio 2010 on a Windows 7 machine.

Coordinator
Sep 17, 2010 at 1:39 PM

I am using latest SL4 bits at home too and all was good for me, I will verify again. Could you let me know what versions you have of the SL Dlls CinchV2.SL depends on, see the Cinch.SL csproj file dependencies or actual cs project file references section.

Coordinator
Sep 17, 2010 at 2:04 PM

Sorry Frosty, all works ok. I did nto have any version of SL installed at work (just got new PC)l, so downloaded latest SL4 bits, and 51137 Cinch code, and all is cool in SL4 for me.

Sep 19, 2010 at 1:06 PM

This morning I had time to figure this out.  The web project didn't have the Silverlight application defined.

To resolve, right click on the CinchV2DemoSL.Web project, click on the Silverlight Applications tab.

Click the Add button.  Choose the CinchV2DemoSL.

I chose not to overwrite the .aspx & .html files.

Rebuild and run and solves the problem.

Thanks for the replies Sacha

Coordinator
Sep 19, 2010 at 6:03 PM

Fair enough, as I say all worked fine for me anyway. Though I think I normally just run the CinchV2DemoSL project directly.