problem with first view

Aug 13, 2010 at 6:37 PM

Hi Sacha,

My First view added to the tabcontrolex is not appearing properly, i need to add one more view to display the content of view, but the header is coming right and content part will be blank, i need to switch between tabs to get the first tab to display correct content, can you tell me a solution for this.

Aug 14, 2010 at 9:16 AM
What version of Cinch is it?
Aug 14, 2010 at 9:01 PM

V2

Aug 15, 2010 at 9:49 AM
I have just tried with V2 with a single View and all is cool for me. For example in the WPF demo app I include I can create a single workspace and all is cool, is it selected in TabControlEx
Aug 15, 2010 at 1:12 PM

this is what i get if i add a WorkSpaceData instance to the Views.

http://cid-a6620fd1e5b7bf2a.photos.live.com/self.aspx/Public/Capture1.PNG

this is what i get when i double click on the header.

http://cid-a6620fd1e5b7bf2a.photos.live.com/self.aspx/Public/Capture2.PNG

Aug 15, 2010 at 6:15 PM

Weird, It could be related to that type of Control. Thats not a standard TabControl is it. CinchV2 relies on a few tricks to do its View 1st/multiTab and Store state. It uses a special TabControlEx which I described in Cinch V2 article 3. That may be the answer to the problem you are seeing. Can you try your arrangement in Cinch TabControlEx, basically just adding a single WorkSpaceData. I had no problems with that, I think it could be that RibbonTab/RibbonControl you have there.

Aug 15, 2010 at 8:29 PM
Edited Aug 15, 2010 at 8:30 PM

hi sacha,

thanks for the reply. but it is the same tabcontrolex you had in Cinch  Demo. i just changed its appearance to get a dark look. :) . I will check once more to make sure i havn't missed anything when i ported it

Aug 15, 2010 at 11:33 PM

Hi wilzad,

in your first screen shot the tab looks like it's not activated, so maybe you forgot to set the current item with SetActiveWorkspace() or with CollectionView.MoveTo().

Aug 16, 2010 at 11:17 AM

Wilzad

Like Dimax says you do have methods to SetActiveWorkspace(), you are calling that right?

Aug 31, 2010 at 2:59 PM

sorry for the delay, got some other work on urgent manner and went to finish that, i forgot about this thread,

actually i was not calling it, will check after implementing it and will tell you the results

Sep 1, 2010 at 10:21 AM

Should work, it works for me and lots of others

Sep 2, 2010 at 10:30 AM

thanks Sacha and Dimax

it worked

Sep 3, 2010 at 7:20 AM

Good, thought it would, as it does in demo apps