WorkspaceData suggestion

Aug 3, 2010 at 11:57 PM
Edited Aug 4, 2010 at 12:03 AM

Hi Sacha,

Is there any way you could implement IsSelected and IsEnabled properties on WorkspaceData? I can see many uses for these properties.

For instance I've extended Olaf Rabbachin's excellent TabControl template to make use of TabControlEx and WorkspaceData. It turned out to be fairly simple, the only hurdle was to get the tabcontrol's dropdown tab selection bound to WorkspaceData as well as getting disabled tabs working. With the IsSelected and IsEnabled properties in WorkspaceData it was easily solved.

Ended up with a really nice looking tab control that supports scrolling and dropdown tab selection as per the above url but fully Cinched up :)

Cheers

Beyers

Aug 5, 2010 at 12:02 PM

I think you would have to add some extra properties to WorkspaceData to support this, but all you would need to do in your DataTemplate is then use a RelativeSource binding to  look up the TabItem.IsSelected / IsEnabled properties and bind the WorkspaceData  properties to those, Something like what Josh Smith does in this TreeView article, only difference being that you would be looking for TabItems

http://joshsmithonwpf.wordpress.com/?s=reaction