Cinch V2 and .net 4.5

Oct 25, 2012 at 11:00 AM
Edited Oct 25, 2012 at 11:04 AM

Hi, I am using Cinch V2 on a VS2012 project targeting the .net 4.5 framework.  Everything works fine but I am getting this error that I dont had when using VS2010 and the .net 4.0

The type 'TextBoxFocusBehavior' from assembly 'Cinch.WPF' is built with an older version of the Blend SDK, and is not supported in a Windows Presentation Framework 4 project

This is the XAML:

<TextBox Style="{StaticResource ValidatingTextBox}" Text="{Binding Path=Name.DataValue, UpdateSourceTrigger=PropertyChanged, ValidatesOnDataErrors=True, ValidatesOnExceptions=True}" IsEnabled="{Binding Name.IsEditable}">
   <i:Interaction.Behaviors>
      <cinch:TextBoxFocusBehavior IsUsingDataWrappers="True" />
   </i:Interaction.Behaviors>
</TextBox>

I have the latest version of Cinch V2, I took the code base and rebuild it, I also tried to make sure I was using the latest interactivity libraries.

I was wandering if anyone had encuenter this issue and how they solved it.

Oct 25, 2012 at 4:17 PM

I will add my experiences here.  I have a CinchV2 project that I built with VS2010.  When I use VS2012 (staying with .net 4.0 for the project) I also have these same issues with any of the behaviors and triggers, event to command etc..

What I find is that if I open the XAML, I see the errors you refer to in the error window and the intellisense errors in the XAML code.  But close the xaml files and rebuild all and the program seems to run and behave as intended.  

So, I'll show my ignorance here but is it possible that there is some disconnect between the assemblies Visual studio uses to compile the xaml for the designer and that which the application uses at runtime?

Also, if I build under VS2010 and then open the project under VS2012, the intellisense/XAML seems happy until I clean the solution.  If I don't open the XAML files or Designer, I seem to be able to build, edit and run happily without any errors in the error window.

Does any of this seem like what you're seeing? 

I'd also *really* love to understand why this is and what I can do about it.

Oct 26, 2012 at 5:46 AM

Everything you said applies to me, and you are correct, the error dosent halt your aplication, it still compiles, and seems to work.  But it will feel much better if the errorr was not there, and it would also increase my confidence on the code I am writting.

Hopefully some one here has a full understanding of this problem and would shed some light on the issue :)

Coordinator
Dec 20, 2012 at 11:42 AM

I wish I had an answer for you all on this one, truth is I just don't know what could cause this issue