Seems [ViewnameToViewLookupKeyMetadata] Attribute isn't analized in Blend

Apr 27, 2012 at 9:06 AM

I have a problem to load a View in Blend that contains Sub-Views. I use the 'Views' Property of the ViewModelBase to register the sub-views in the main view by creating workspace-objects. During runtime everything works perfectly. But when I open the View that contains the Sub-Views in Blend I get an exception 'ViewResolver could not CreateView using KeyXXX'.

I tracked this error down to the class 'ViewResolver'. This class is initialized while starting class CinchBootStrapper. During this call the attribute 'ViewnameToViewLookupKeyMetadata' is analized in the views and the views will be registered in class 'ViewResolver'. During Runtime everthing is OK, but when opening the view in Blend this lookup-list isn't populated, so the view could not be resolved and the exception gets thrown.

And Finally! my question: is it possible to load a View that contains Sub-Views (registered in property 'Views' / Views marked with 'ViewnameToViewLookupKeyMetadata') in Blend? Or do I miss a thing. Does the CinchBootloader get loaded when I open the solution in Blend?

May 1, 2012 at 11:17 AM

No that would not be possible to do in design time sorry.