Cinch Binaries

Jan 20, 2012 at 3:37 PM

I Sacha can you please provide binaries of your project? I am looking at:

http://quickzip.org/news/2010/08/fileexplorer-0-8-directoryinfoex-0-20/

and need Cinch to make it work but I cannot compile it with Visual Studio 2010 Express. I hope I could get the FileExplorer to compile if I had binaries of Cinch but right now I am not even able to get past Cinch :(

Coordinator
Jan 29, 2012 at 9:31 AM
dirkster wrote:

I Sacha can you please provide binaries of your project? I am looking at:

http://quickzip.org/news/2010/08/fileexplorer-0-8-directoryinfoex-0-20/

and need Cinch to make it work but I cannot compile it with Visual Studio 2010 Express. I hope I could get the FileExplorer to compile if I had binaries of Cinch but right now I am not even able to get past Cinch :(

Sure leave your email address and I will send them. They are .NET 4.0, so are you sure you will be ok to use them? As you will need VS2010 for .NET 4.0 coding anyway

Feb 1, 2012 at 12:28 PM

Hm, maybe we have a miss-understanding here.  I have Visual Studio 2010 but the EXPRESS edition - so some features are not supported there - therefore I cannot seem to get the project to compile - unless I am doing something essentially wrong. Do I need anything beyond C# VS 2010 Express ?

Coordinator
Feb 2, 2012 at 2:03 PM

Yeah I can give you the binaries but I need your email to do that, I said that above already no? Just give me your email here and I will give you binaries

Coordinator
Feb 2, 2012 at 2:22 PM

Looking at the source for that link you posted, that is CInch V1 dll, so that solution is VS2008 code, and the Dll is already available at the Cinch site. So simply grab the source code latest code, go into the folder in the download code

cinch\V1 (VS2008 WPF Only)\cinch\Cinch\bin\Debug

And you will see Cinch.Dll in there, so you go

Jun 10, 2012 at 6:06 PM

We've still got 3.5 SP1 code in our project. Not likely we'll be upgrading any time soon on account of some component dependencies. Can Cinch be build for 3.5 fairly easily?

Coordinator
Jul 2, 2012 at 2:22 PM

You should be fine, open the solution in VS2010, change target framework to 3.5, and build away. I cant say what it will be like in VS2010 express, as I don't use that, I use full VS2010