Cinch.SL Missing References (Build 51137)

Sep 29, 2010 at 11:28 AM

Hi,

Totally newbie here I'm afraid.

Struggling to even get the source to build.  Found the solution to the first problem on here but now stuck with issue #2.

The Cinch.SL project references Microsoft.Expression.Interactions and System.Windows.Interactivity but both references are missing/broken.

I've tried removing the references and re-adding them using the DLLs in the Lib folder for the Cinch.WPF project but VS2010 complains with the following error:

"You can't add a reference to xyz as it was not built against the Silverlight runtime. Silverlight projects will only work with Silverlight assemblies."

That seems logical enough, but my question is, where do I get the Silverlight version of those DLLs?

My setup:

• VS2010 Premium
  • Microsoft Silverlight 4 SDK
  • Microsoft Silverlight Tools for Visual Studio 2010

Question/thought #2: Do I need Expression Blend installed?

I see it mentioned in various walk-throughs and demos but it's not clear whether it's a pre-requisite.

I can't imagine it would be but I just thought I'd check.

Thanks.

Sep 29, 2010 at 1:34 PM
Edited Sep 29, 2010 at 1:36 PM

As far as I know Blend is not a requirement though for WPF you need to have it to get the Interactivity Dlls, and you have all the things installed I would expect from you. Saying that I have always had Blend installed. When you install Silverlight, it puts a folder in at C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Silverlight (I think) and you should look in that folder for that Interactivity Dlls.

Also there is some instructions on building the overall Cinch solution within the word document called "Cinch Release Notes.docx".

Sep 29, 2010 at 1:53 PM

Hi Sacha, thanks for the quick response.

I have read the release notes, but it didn't give me any clues on this issue.

It did say I needed to remove the Cinch project etc etc. which I've done.

I've now checked the folder you mentioned....

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Silverlight\v4.0\Libraries\Client

...and there's no sign of the interactivity DLL.

Aside from that, what about the Expression.Interactions library? Do I need to install Expression for that or should it be in the lib folder?

Thanks again.

Sep 29, 2010 at 3:14 PM

Mmmm I am sure that is where I got it from, I'll have a look later on, and see where I got it from. 

Sep 29, 2010 at 6:21 PM

mqca,

As far as I know, this dlls are in Blend 3 SDK. You can download it here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=f1ae9a30-4928-411d-970b-e682ab179e17&displaylang=en.

Damien

Sep 29, 2010 at 10:03 PM

mqca

Anolae is correct, my files that I reference are located here : C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Expression\Blend 3\Interactivity\Libraries\Silverlight