problem with first view

Aug 13, 2010 at 6:37 PM

Hi Sacha,

My First view added to the tabcontrolex is not appearing properly, i need to add one more view to display the content of view, but the header is coming right and content part will be blank, i need to switch between tabs to get the first tab to display correct content, can you tell me a solution for this.

Coordinator
Aug 14, 2010 at 9:16 AM
What version of Cinch is it?
Aug 14, 2010 at 9:01 PM

V2

Coordinator
Aug 15, 2010 at 9:49 AM
I have just tried with V2 with a single View and all is cool for me. For example in the WPF demo app I include I can create a single workspace and all is cool, is it selected in TabControlEx
Aug 15, 2010 at 1:12 PM

this is what i get if i add a WorkSpaceData instance to the Views.

http://cid-a6620fd1e5b7bf2a.photos.live.com/self.aspx/Public/Capture1.PNG

this is what i get when i double click on the header.

http://cid-a6620fd1e5b7bf2a.photos.live.com/self.aspx/Public/Capture2.PNG

Coordinator
Aug 15, 2010 at 6:15 PM

Weird, It could be related to that type of Control. Thats not a standard TabControl is it. CinchV2 relies on a few tricks to do its View 1st/multiTab and Store state. It uses a special TabControlEx which I described in Cinch V2 article 3. That may be the answer to the problem you are seeing. Can you try your arrangement in Cinch TabControlEx, basically just adding a single WorkSpaceData. I had no problems with that, I think it could be that RibbonTab/RibbonControl you have there.

Aug 15, 2010 at 8:29 PM
Edited Aug 15, 2010 at 8:30 PM

hi sacha,

thanks for the reply. but it is the same tabcontrolex you had in Cinch  Demo. i just changed its appearance to get a dark look. :) . I will check once more to make sure i havn't missed anything when i ported it

Aug 15, 2010 at 11:33 PM

Hi wilzad,

in your first screen shot the tab looks like it's not activated, so maybe you forgot to set the current item with SetActiveWorkspace() or with CollectionView.MoveTo().

Coordinator
Aug 16, 2010 at 11:17 AM

Wilzad

Like Dimax says you do have methods to SetActiveWorkspace(), you are calling that right?

Aug 31, 2010 at 2:59 PM

sorry for the delay, got some other work on urgent manner and went to finish that, i forgot about this thread,

actually i was not calling it, will check after implementing it and will tell you the results

Coordinator
Sep 1, 2010 at 10:21 AM

Should work, it works for me and lots of others

Sep 2, 2010 at 10:30 AM

thanks Sacha and Dimax

it worked

Coordinator
Sep 3, 2010 at 7:20 AM

Good, thought it would, as it does in demo apps