Cinch + AvalonDock

Aug 3, 2010 at 9:12 AM

Hi Sacha,

I try to use the full power of Cinch (WorkspaceData, ViewModel.Views, ICollectionView navigation, ...) with AvalonDock for Documents and ToolWindows, but I'm not sure how I should do that.

My first implementation with CinchV1 wasn't MVVM confirmed, so i try to do that better now. But as I said, I'm new in world of WPF and this is realy completly other programming style. I don't have feeling for what I should do and how.

If you have an idea, or you know someone, who use your new framework with AvalonDock, please help me.

Thank you,

Dima

Coordinator
Aug 3, 2010 at 11:01 AM

I would use a View 1st approach as discussed in the Cinch V2 articles and have certain views being put into panes in my avalonDock panels. Perhaps a DockService that allows a new View to create created and put in a certain pane. So your service would need a reference to the docking, and might accept an enum/string that specified what dockpanel to put view into. Have not used avalonDock but this is how I would approach it

Aug 3, 2010 at 4:31 PM

Thank you for reply,

problem is, that AvalonDocks DockingManager have a property DocumentSource, this property (and all panes ItemsSource property) supports only DockableContent objects, so i can't simply bind Views to that and SetActiveWorkspace from ViewModel. Probably I need some kind of adaptor class, to manage that.

Coordinator
Aug 5, 2010 at 1:04 PM

Yeah I would go for some sort of adaptor / wrapper