Purpose of WorkspaceData?

Jun 24, 2010 at 12:40 PM

Hi Sacha,

I see in the demo App of v2 you are using WorkspaceData, can you provide some information regarding this class? Where/when should we use this class? I see ViewModelBase.Views collection is of type WorkspaceData, but I'm not sure how you intended this to be used.

Thanks

Beyers

PS Should we post questions on Cinch in this forum of at the codeproject articles?

Jul 8, 2010 at 9:44 PM
The next article will be covering this. But I think I prefer questions on articles at codeproject as its easier for me to find which ones I answered or not. But just briefly what workspacedata is all about is the ability to do a View first design, which allows the MefLocator lookup and also keeps things blendable as VM is found via attached DP using MefedMVVM. But I also wanted some contextual data to be available at runtime, so that is what the workspacedata is all about, imagine you have a list of order on one tab, the user selects one, and you want the ID of the selected one to drive the data shown on a new tab but using MefedMVVM and View First, but also the neat trick of data templates, that is what workspacedata is all about. Its about View First / MEF and contextual data
Jul 8, 2010 at 10:54 PM

Thanks Sacha,

I think I get the idea. Looking forward to your next article. Also thanks for making this framework available to all, much appreciated.

Beyers

Jul 23, 2010 at 11:39 AM

See the CInch V2 article part 3 which is up now at : http://www.codeproject.com/KB/WPF/CinchV2_3.aspx that tells you all about workspaces

Jul 23, 2010 at 2:32 PM
Dude you rock, will check it out straight away.
Jul 25, 2010 at 3:25 PM

Please do, and if you like, please comment on the article let me know what you think