May 11, 2010 at 1:21 PM
Edited May 11, 2010 at 1:21 PM
Yeah next couple of months for sure. I think I will have the main framework done in 2 weeks, but there is one big piece that I would really like to put in, though the rest will work fine without it, its a nice to have (but very nice).
Problem is the code is only 1/3 of the story, people need documentation, and demo apps.
Going from V1 to V2 will be slightly painful, but not that bad, the key areas affected are
1. Service injection, no more IOC. It will use MEF. In fact where possible I am trying to eliminate any 3rd party dependencies altogether
2. No more ILogger service, I feel people should create their own logging
3. Mediator has changed slightly
4. All previous attached DPs will now be Interactivty (Blend dlls) based classes
5. Lifecycle events will now longer be attached DPs, there will be a new ViewAwareService that people can use, and mock for that matter
6. It will also support SL (SL4 and above that is, I hate SL really, prefer big sister WPF, but SL4 is almost ok)
Other than that, is should be plain sailing. I am really excited about it actually, and I think it will really be cool.